Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RAINBOW LEAGUE

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6

RAINBOW LEAGUE

500x175.png

After its long hiatus the Rainbow League returns to 7th Gen with updated rules. Vacation is over...

The Rainbow League Spreadsheet Doc can be found here: Rainbow League Doc

The Rainbow League Challenge

The Rainbow League will consist of several gym leaders and eventually, a champion. Your goal is simple; win seven badges by defeating gym leaders. When you have acquired seven badges you will be crowned champion. If there is already a champion, you must battle each other for the champion title. If you lose as champion or you are defeated by the current champion you must re-collect seven badges before challenging again. Once you become champion you will be recorded into the Rainbow League's Hall of Fame and retain your position until you are defeated.

Rainbow League Rules

General Rules:

~All gym leader battles will be 6v6 single battles using normal rules.
    ~Challengers may use any Pokemon except those on the ban list. The ban list for the Rainbow League can be found here.
    ~Species clause: Trainers may not use more than one Pokemon of the same number in the National Pokedex (i.e. you may not use Rotom-M and Rotom-H in the same team).
    ~All battles should be arranged through the Battle Central. Both gym leaders and challengers should try to arrange a time that suits them both for battling.
    ~Any legal Z-move may be used by a Pokemon that is not on the ban list (i.e. Genesis Supernova is banned as its user Mew is banned).

Challenger Conditions
    ~The Challenger must leave a message on this thread every time they start a new challenge.
    ~Challengers have one month starting from their challenge date to collect 7 badges and defeat the Champion. After a month the badges they have earned become void and they must re challenge to collect badges again. Challengers may challenge as many times as they wish.

Gym Leader Conditions
    ~Gym leaders may use any Pokemon of their type, with the exception of those Pokemon on the ban list.
    ~Gym leaders must use at least 5 Pokemon of their specialized type. They are, however, allowed to use 1 wild card (a Pokemon not of their type). This can literally be any other Pokemon and is not required to know a move of the gym leader’s type. Note: Silvally is considered a Normal Type, regardless of the disc it is holding.
    ~All participants may use mega pokemon. However, the pokemon must be of the gym leader's type BEFORE it mega evolves (e.g. A Rock-type user may use Mega Aggron, but a Fighting-type user may NOT use Mega Loppunny).
    ~Gym leader Showdown: Rather than challenging gyms separately, Gym Leaders may come to an agreement to put their badge on the line in a winner takes all battle.

Champion Conditions:
    ~The Champion is not restricted to any type, and may choose their preferred format when challenged (Double battles, flat rules, etc..)
    ~If a Gym Leader becomes Champion they must also resume their Gym Leader duty, as well as defend their Champion title.

Rainbow League House Rules

~It is up to the challenger to notify me if they have earned a badge by leaving a message on this thread. Badges earned will be noted on the Challenge Sheet which is linked below and will be marked by the date you won that badge (American style dating: Month/Day/Year)
    ~Pokemon must have legitimate moves, stats, abilities and shinyness i.e. battle legitimate (no wonderguard spiritomb)
    ~Gym leaders are free to switch to any available types when they want. They must, however, make this public in a message on the Rainbow League thread and continue to battle with their current type until their new team is ready.
    ~While it is understandable that life can be very busy Gym Leaders should try to the best of their ability to make arrangements for gym battles. Inactive or unresponsive Gym Leaders/Champion will be removed from their position.

Gym Leaders

Robin - Poison
    Tammie - Flying
    Atlas - Bug
    Yoda - Ground
    Zethanos - Dragon
    I Like Fire 14 - Normal
    Dylan - Fire
    Aaron - Steel
    Kyle - Rock

Rules listed above are provisional, but outline the basic concept of this League. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

The Rainbow League will commence on the 1st of December. Battles may be played on USUM, but gym leaders are required to accept challenges on SM until December 31st. The Rainbow League will transition fully to USUM on January 1st.
    Last edited by Baby Koga; 11-30-2017 at 12:49 PM.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    I am currently looking for Gym Leaders. The available types are listed below:

Dark
    Electric
    Fairy
    Fighting
    Ghost
    Grass
    Ice
    Psychic
    Water

I am not looking for any specific qualifications. Just a knowledge of Pokemon Battling, a team of your chosen type and most importantly, a commitment to accepting battles. If interested please comment on the thread or send me a message.
    Last edited by Baby Koga; 11-30-2017 at 12:33 PM.
    Poison Type Veteran

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 21 | Offers: 53 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 16
    I would like to join this but can I be part of this and the other league?

If so you know I'm gonna be ground type

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 21 | Offers: 108 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 11 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    If I can be here and a part of the pokebay league, I’ll do it as well. I’ll take Dragon, unless somebody else wants it. In which case I default to ghost.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    I talked to Steel about this and we're both happy to have gym leaders in both leagues.

@Zethanos, welcome to the RL and @Yoda, welcome back lol
    Poison Type Veteran

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 17 | Offers: 17 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 21 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 5
    I'd like to be a leader in this league too. If it hasn't been taken already, I want to use Normal-type pokemon.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    With 7 gym leaders we only need 1 more for the RL to take off again. If interested please check the available types above and let me know. The aim is to have the RL accepting challengers by Dec 1st. Gym leaders may play on USUM but must accept SM battle rules if requested by the challenger until Dec 31st. From the new year onwards we will be converting fully to USUM. This is to allow challengers to get and play through the new games.

More updates to follow.
    Robin-
    Poison Type Veteran

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    We have 8 gym leaders which means the Rainbow League is almost ready to start! There are still spaces for gym leaders. If interested see what types are available on the second comment and let me know.

I hope everyone enjoys the new Pokemon games and we'll see you December 1st!
    Poison Type Veteran

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 2 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 0
    Hey Robin, got a 3ds up and running again. So if you'll have me, I'd love to join in with the mighty rock types.
    I am Alex, Alexander Reve. My pokemon and I see what others do not. It is not merely the future as many would have you believe, but we see much more than many. Come, let us do battle. If it is your dream to be the best, then prove it.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    Of course! Welcome to the Rainbow League!
    Poison Type Veteran

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    --Update-- Rules have been added and revised.
    Poison Type Veteran

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 17 | Offers: 17 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 21 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 5
    I just have a question about this part:

Quote Originally Posted by PangoRob View Post

~Challengers have one month starting from their challenge date to collect 7 badges and defeat the Champion. After a month the badges they have earned become void and they must re challenge to collect badges again. Challengers may challenge as many times as they wish.
    What if a challenger fails to collect 7 badges and beat the champion in a month due to the leaders or the champion taking too long in accepting battles or if they fail due to being unable to battle at a time that suits both the challenger and the gym leader or champion?

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    Well there are currently 9 gym leaders so I'm hoping at least 7 of 9 will be available to battle. In the case of battling the champion I'm happy enough to let the champion battle take place outside of your challenge time if you've acquired the 7 badges needed and have contacted the champion within the allotted time.

If time constraints become a persistent issue I'll consider extending the one month challenge allowance time. The idea behind the one month time frame is to set a competitive pace to the Rainbow League and also make sure gym leaders continue to be challenged. However, all rules can be amended where necessary.

I hope this answers your questions.
    Robin~
    Poison Type Veteran

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 23 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 8 | Battle Requests: 11
    I'd like to change to Flying please, Rob! I want to bring the birb squad up to Alola ^-^

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 17 | Offers: 17 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 21 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by PangoRob View Post
    Well there are currently 9 gym leaders so I'm hoping at least 7 of 9 will be available to battle. In the case of battling the champion I'm happy enough to let the champion battle take place outside of your challenge time if you've acquired the 7 badges needed and have contacted the champion within the allotted time.

If time constraints become a persistent issue I'll consider extending the one month challenge allowance time. The idea behind the one month time frame is to set a competitive pace to the Rainbow League and also make sure gym leaders continue to be challenged. However, all rules can be amended where necessary.

I hope this answers your questions.
    Robin~
    Thank you for the response. I guess we can wait until the league starts to see how the one month time frame goes, but I think you're right in saying that it sets a competitive pace.