Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article: [UPDATED] Sylveon

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrog View Post
    K, Sylveon has got to be a flying type. Here's why... First off the name. All of the eeveelutions so far have names based on of their types. A "Sylph" is a mythological creature representing air. Next check out that eeveelution diagram above. All of them are opposite types they are weak/strong to. That leaves water (which vaporeon already is), ground, and air. Well it sure doesn't look like a ground type to me (don't the ribbons remind you of kite ribbons??) and Sylveon is the lightest eeveelution to-date.

So what about ground? Well here's where my predictions stop coming from evidence and more on speculation, but... Sylveon looks waaay to girly for an eeveelution, right? Well what if you need a female eevee to evolve it? But what about males? You guessed it. Another eeveelution Gamefreak hasn't shown yet that is ground-type. After all, eeveelutions come in pairs and this would complete that diagram above a bit better.

Now the question is how to evolve them. Well the game already gives stats to pokemon that seem somewhat related to gender, but has thus far gone unused in any meaningful way. Beauty stats (a feebas evolution throwback) and the sports stats earned in pokeathlon or big stadium/small court. Max those stats, level them up and poof! Two new eeveelutions. This is most definitely over-reaching the current data that we have, but hey. It's fun to speculate.
    Except, as Papaya said, Nymphs arent secluded to be flying creatures, but spirits. Being a spirit, that only brings more evidence to it being a GHOST type Pokemon. The name, and how it looks, just continues to support a ghost type. And even the Gothita family have ribbons, but they sure aren't flying.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 17 | Offers: 23 | Wishlist Items: 17 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Ok, I'll give you that "Sylv" or "Sylph" could refer to ghost as likely as flying (most but not all flying types are winged; so some of them do just float... Skiploom for example), but there is not much else pointing to ghost type. One of the images does show it with fangs, which is unique, but seems like that would suggest poison more than ghost. Ghost just doesn't make sense with the other eeveelution types. Aside from having no effect against normal type, ghost is not strong or weak to any of the current eeveelutions, which they have been doing since gen I.

Also, I don't think much of what Gamesfreak gives us, like the diagram, is put together by coincidence--I think there is a reason they gave us an image set up like this. All of the other pokemon on the diagram are in order left to right by pokedex number and top down by generation except leafeon and glaceon were switched. Why else would they do that except to point out type differences? I admit it's a guess out of left field to expect a ground type coming up soon, but heck, if I don't put my thoughts somewhere I can't take credit for it later. LOL. Clearly this is all speculation, but I think right now that the case for flying is a bit more sound than ghost or the others.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 7 | Offers: 14 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    sylveon is very cool

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 162 | Offers: 138 | Wishlist Items: 23 | Wishlist Offers: 35 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I reckon its a normal type I don't like other eeveelution because it wouildent look nice with the rest of the eeveelution it looks too pale

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    To Avey, I agree i wouldn't particularly like it to be a normal type either.
    To Papaya, well unless you knew the word Umbra which i doubt many people do it's not really obvious.

Anyway i found an interesting comment on Youtube which pushes the theory for a bug type. There is a type of butterfly called the Thymelicus SYLVestris. Also the french name for Slyveon is Nymphali. There is a sub-group of butterfly called nymphalidae. I know Butterflys are not bugs but in the context of pokemon it fits. This might explain the Eyes. Not my idea but very interesting.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 17 | Offers: 23 | Wishlist Items: 17 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by blaziking View Post
    To Papaya, well unless you knew the word Umbra which i doubt many people do it's not really obvious.

Anyway i found an interesting comment on Youtube which pushes the theory for a bug type. There is a type of butterfly called the Thymelicus SYLVestris. Also the french name for Slyveon is Nymphali. There is a sub-group of butterfly called nymphalidae. I know Butterflys are not bugs but in the context of pokemon it fits. This might explain the Eyes. Not my idea but very interesting.
    I actually like that! Perhaps the bow is supposed to look more like a butterfly? It's color pattern doesn't really match nymphalids or T. sylvestris (a hesperid) but I bet that makes enough sense for the pokemon designers. There is also Parthenos sylvia (a type of Nymphalid actually). Cool idea!

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 49 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I cant wait for Ninfia/Nymphali/sylveon or whatever you wish to call it type to be released then we can look back at this thread and threads like this and laugh at the speculations we all came up with
    Team Popplio ��
    it's cute OK stop being mean

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 71 | Offers: 820 | Wishlist Items: 152 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    we wont now untill the game come out

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    steel type

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by blaziking View Post

I'm saying that if you did know the word Umbra, it's obvious that the word Umbra is the root word for Umbreon's name, which you cannot deny, especially now that you do know the word.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 111 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 21 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    im with tlr i think its stell i want the next one to be dragon