Thread: Potentially ripped off...

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 7 | Offers: 14 | Wishlist Items: 4 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Potentially ripped off...

Ok, I am going to omit the name of the person I've traded with pending this person doing the right thing... with that being said I have a question.

If someone were to offer a pokemon on the trade bay and I trade it only to find out that it was hacked what can I do to get my pokemon back and see this person called out or blacklisted?

This person basically admitting to having traded me a hacked pokemon and that a previous trader had told him/her that another one of the pokemon were hacked.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 18 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Pokecheck the pokemon, see if you can find proof that he tried to pass it off as legit to you, then talk to a moderator with the evidence you have collected. I doubt you can get your pokemon back AND Call them out as i'm sure they would not appreciate that. you could try to talk to the person and reason with him/her on doing the right thing. that's what i would do.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 7 | Offers: 14 | Wishlist Items: 4 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Well it seems that my Pokemon is long gone but I talked to the person and they gave me a legitimate Raikoh and Azelf as an apology so I've decided to let bygones be bygones.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Electryk View Post
    Well it seems that my Pokemon is long gone but I talked to the person and they gave me a legitimate Raikoh and Azelf as an apology so I've decided to let bygones be bygones.
    If they knowingfully traded a hack to you then it is your duty to report them before other members suffer the same consequence, regardless of, if an agreement was reached or not.
    Last edited by The Kiwi Dragon; 09-06-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Not really here anymore. But I do stop by from time to time, to see if this place is still alive!

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 594 | Offers: 911 | Wishlist Items: 21 | Wishlist Offers: 11 | Battles: 19 | Battle Requests: 0
    Hmm, a user on Pokebay once stole my Event Arceus, they said they'd give my Arceus back, just so they could do the Event & instead kept pushing the trade back off more & more than finally left Pokebay... Reasons I hardly ever Trade anymore.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 7 | Offers: 14 | Wishlist Items: 4 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    It wasn't stated from the get go that the pokemon was hacked. Afterward the trader in question told me they had gotten a platinum cartridge stacked with rare high level shiny and legendary pokemon. I looked at a few in the wifi lounge and told the trader that a lot of them were too good to be true based on a few pokechecks. I advised him/her to either take all the pokes on the cartrige and pokecheck them or delete the save altogether.

It's sort of lame that people hack and try to rip off honest traders/breeders for their hard earned pokemon.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 18 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Electryk View Post
    It's sort of lame that people hack and try to rip off honest traders/breeders for their hard earned pokemon.
    Come Gen 6 thought that problem might be gone. hacks won't be able to be sent to the games from gen 5 and more security measures were developed that are being tested during the competition test. while hacking in one form or another will probly always be a problem, its good to know that soon it'll be much harder. and hopefully gen 6 isn't saturated with hacks like gen 5 is now

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 16 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    Hmm, a user on Pokebay once stole my Event Arceus, they said they'd give my Arceus back, just so they could do the Event & instead kept pushing the trade back off more & more than finally left Pokebay... Reasons I hardly ever Trade anymore.
    Man that is terrible to hear, sorry for that loss, i don't know why someone would steal a pokemon, i would rather have a hacked pokemon then to ever have a pokemon that was stolen

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Snorting View Post
    Man that is terrible to hear, sorry for that loss, i don't know why someone would steal a pokemon, i would rather have a hacked pokemon then to ever have a pokemon that was stolen
    Same here. I've used an AR countless times getting rares and shinies. Granted, now my AR is no more, but that doesn't mean that I should resort to theft. I'd much rather wait until I find someone with the one I need, and either arrange to trade for it and immediately give it back (so I'd have it registered in my Dex), or see about a more permanent trade. And I would NEVER trade anything from my AR without first telling the person that that's what it was.
    (-o-) ¨(`o˛)¨ (-o-)