Thread: Friend Safari Shiny Rate

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 64 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Friend Safari Shiny Rate

This is a question almost all current pokemon fans have asked, what is the rate for getting shinies in the friend safari?

Well this thread is to help determine that rate by raw data. If any would be so kind to share your data/experiences with the friend safari so we can help get an overall picture on the shiny rate in the friend safari.

my theory so far is that the shiny charm greatly enhances your chances of encountering a shiny.

What i am trying to test at the moment is whether interacting with the safari's owner increases the chances of getting a shiny.

Here is the form people should use so i can read and implement the data easier:

My Safari type:
    Shiny Caught(also include which slot it was in, 1/2/3):
    Safari Type of Caught Shiny:
    How many encounters did it take until shiny was found:
    Time of day:
    Relationship with the Friend which you caught the shiny in(did you trade/talk to/"Nice!"):
    Shiny Charm:
    Did you tip:
    Were you online at the same time as the person you caught the shiny from:
    were you online at all?(using wifi):
    Last edited by Darkn3ss; 06-18-2014 at 12:39 AM.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 64 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    shinies i have caught: 7

1st-at least 4 hours(without charm, wasn't online) 3rd slot
    2nd- at least 6 hours(without charm, wasn't online) 2nd slot
    3rd-at least 6 hours(without charm, wasn't online) 2nd slot
    4th- at least 45 min(with charm, i was online, the safari's owner may have been online) 1st slot
    5th- within 5 min after the 4th(with charm, online, safari's owner may have been online) 2nd slot
    6th- about 1-2 hours(with charm, online, safari's owner wasn't online) 2nd slot
    7th- about 2 minutes(with charm, online, safari's owner wasn't online but i just traded with him minutes before) 1st slot
    8th-about 40ish minutes(with charm, online, safari's owner wasn't online) 3rd slot
    9th- about 1 hour or more(with charm, online, safari's owner wasn't online)2nd slot
    10th- about 6 hours(with charm, online, safari's owner wasn't online) 2nd slot
    11th- about 6 hours(with charm, online, safari's owner wasn't online) 2nd slot

without shiny charm: 3-average time of encountering them, 5+ hours
    with shiny charm: 6- average time of encountering them, about 1.5 hours
    Last edited by Darkn3ss; 06-20-2014 at 03:11 PM.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 64 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    reserved
    Last edited by Darkn3ss; 06-18-2014 at 12:15 AM.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 64 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    reserved

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 64 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    reserved

Pikachu Belle Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    My Safari Type: Poison
    Shiny Caught: Bergmite, 1 or 2 I think
    Safari type: Ice
    Encounters: under 15
    Time of day: Midday
    Relationship: we trade and battle.
    Shiny Charm: Yes
    Tip: Yes
    Online at the same time: yes I think so

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 64 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by James Moriarty View Post
    My Safari Type: Poison
    Shiny Caught: Bergmite, 1 or 2 I think
    Safari type: Ice
    Encounters: under 15
    Time of day: Midday
    Relationship: we trade and battle.
    Shiny Charm: Yes
    Tip: Yes
    Online at the same time: yes I think so
    regarding the relationship, did you just trade/battle with them? obviously they are your friend, but did you do any of the actions that are listed in the form relatively soon before you got the shiny?

Pikachu Belle Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    Hmm no don't think so

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 64 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    interesting, reason why i ask is because i traded with new friend today and shortly after i went to their safari to unlock his poke and within about 5 encounters i got a shiny. could be just luck though

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 115 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I get the idea of this, but there are a few factors you listed that were confirmed to have nothing to do with it or have already been tested. I am going to fill out one of these with information about each factor.

My Safari type: Doesn't make a difference in rate
    Shiny Caught(also include which slot it was in, 1/2/3): Different slots may have different chances, this is a good one
    Safari Type of Caught Shiny: All types will have the same chance
    How many encounters did it take until shiny was found: Good
    Time of day: Time of day doesn't matter in catching shiny pokemon
    Relationship with the Friend which you caught the shiny in(did you trade/talk to/"Nice!"): No idea about this stuff, could be important
    Shiny Charm: Good
    Did you tip: Tipping was confirmed to do nothing by community with testing and I think also by the makers
    Were you online at the same time as the person you caught the shiny from: This has been confirmed to increase chances

So the ones you still want to know for this test are

Relationship with the Friend which you caught the shiny in(did you trade/talk to/"Nice!"):
    Shiny Charm:

I think it's good someone is doing this, I have been wondering myself for a while.

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 64 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by stormwalker22 View Post
    I get the idea of this, but there are a few factors you listed that were confirmed to have nothing to do with it or have already been tested. I am going to fill out one of these with information about each factor.

My Safari type: Doesn't make a difference in rate
    Shiny Caught(also include which slot it was in, 1/2/3): Different slots may have different chances, this is a good one
    Safari Type of Caught Shiny: All types will have the same chance
    How many encounters did it take until shiny was found: Good
    Time of day: Time of day doesn't matter in catching shiny pokemon
    Relationship with the Friend which you caught the shiny in(did you trade/talk to/"Nice!"): No idea about this stuff, could be important
    Shiny Charm: Good
    Did you tip: Tipping was confirmed to do nothing by community with testing and I think also by the makers
    Were you online at the same time as the person you caught the shiny from: This has been confirmed to increase chances

So the ones you still want to know for this test are

Shiny Charm:

I think it's good someone is doing this, I have been wondering myself for a while.
    even if it doesn't matter to most people, it still interests me. thank you for info though

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 115 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Chances are 1/~512 with the shiny charm in the friend safari while that friend is online of catching a shiny pokemon. While having a higher chance than the Masuda method in the first place, it is also sped up because encountering wild pokemon is much faster than breeding and hatching eggs. While breeding will give you better IVs and you can pick its nature, with friend safari pokemon you can easily choose what pokeball you want them in and catch a higher amount of them, making them much better for people just wanting to collect shiny pokemon without competitive purposes.

There is the answer for the specifics of having the friend online and having the shiny charm (max rate), but this test will still show chances without the charm and with the friend being offline

Edit: the first section of this was not done by me, it is the product of a community who used the coding along with days of play time to create an analysis as accurate as possible using these methods

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 64 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by stormwalker22 View Post
    Chances are 1/~512 with the shiny charm in the friend safari while that friend is online of catching a shiny pokemon. While having a higher chance than the Masuda method in the first place, it is also sped up because encountering wild pokemon is much faster than breeding and hatching eggs. While breeding will give you better IVs and you can pick its nature, with friend safari pokemon you can easily choose what pokeball you want them in and catch a higher amount of them, making them much better for people just wanting to collect shiny pokemon without competitive purposes.

There is the answer for the specifics of having the friend online and having the shiny charm (max rate), but this test will still show chances without the charm and with the friend being offline

Edit: the first section of this was not done by me, it is the product of a community who used the coding along with days of play time to create an analysis as accurate as possible using these methods
    from my experiences, the chances of getting a shiny with charm and with being online is way higher than 1/512. but i dont have enough data yet

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 115 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Yah I don't have shiny charm and I have gotten 2 shiny pokemon after battling around 400-500 pokemon so it does seem a bit high, but at the same time it seems a rate much better than that would make finding shiny pokemon almost too easy

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 64 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    true.