Thread: Help finding Moltres?

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 10 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Help finding Moltres?

I have been tracking him and flying to each location, and every time I get to the spot Its at a different location before I can encounter it. I have been at this for several hours, flying to each spot back and forth only for it to leave once I get there so i'm not able to encounter it.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    1. Fly to Couriway Town and get yourself a ton of repels.
    2. Use a repel and bike to Route 18. (North of Couriway Town)
    3. Bike through the flowers, if you don't get an encounter, bike back to Couriway. The encounter's supposed to happen pretty fast after biking through the flowes, so there's no need to go around them for longer than a few seconds. Just go through and back if nothing happens.
    4. Repeat until you encounter it, then, encounter it 12 times. If you're not sure if you've encountered it 12 times already, check it in your pokedex - if the bird's location is Sea Spirit's Den, you've encountered it 12 times. (Note that you need to go back to Couriway after encountering it, the location changes right after you've encountered it) If it's not, keep biking and encountering it until it changes it's location to Sea Spirit's Den.
    5. Go to Sea Spirit's Den, save and proceed to defeat/catch it.

This works on places other than Couriway, but that was the town I remember doing it myself. :P
    You will encounter the bird even with repels. The repels are used so you won't run into random pokémon while biking through the grass to make the encounters faster. Note that this might take awhile, the bird changes locations almost every time you change areas. (Hence the biking to Couriway and back to route 18)
    Last edited by UltraSound; 06-08-2016 at 11:21 PM. Reason: I can't write apparently

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 10 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Thank you, that is what I was originally doing, ( I first encountered at route 18) Then it just became very random and tedious but I ended up only encountering it between 6 to 8 times before it went to the den.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyNanner View Post
    Thank you, that is what I was originally doing, ( I first encountered at route 18) Then it just became very random and tedious but I ended up only encountering it between 6 to 8 times before it went to the den.
    Oh, that's weird.
    Yeah, it is pretty tedious, it took me about an hour of nonstop biking. At least they made some part of the game difficult... :P

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 10 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Yes. Well thank you. Its funny because you think Mewtwo would be harder to get than one of the birds, but no he is just standing there in a cave for you to throw a master ball at him lol.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyNanner View Post
    Yes. Well thank you. Its funny because you think Mewtwo would be harder to get than one of the birds, but no he is just standing there in a cave for you to throw a master ball at him lol.
    No problem. True that, though I really do like the roaming pokémon and wish there'll be more in the future. :P
    Locking now.