Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X and Y

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    xy_starter_types_en.jpg

Above is a photo released by the Pokemon Company's PR Department.

In a press release that came out overnight (for me) it's been revealed that The starters are only Grass, Fire and Water.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 14 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by CammyCoolPants View Post
    has anyone seen the fake pikachu evolution it tricked a lot of japanese people on twitter well if you ask me (which you didn't but I don't care) that looks pretty cool and makes me want a fire/electric pokemon (rotom doesn't count) what do you think?
    Sound pretty cool if you ask me. As long as it does not look like rotom's oven form. Im not a huge fan, I like rotom in its normal form.
    Sniv~William

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    has anyone seen the fake pikachu evolution it tricked a lot of japanese people on twitter well if you ask me (which you didn't but I don't care) that looks pretty cool and makes me want a fire/electric pokemon (rotom doesn't count) what do you think?
    Yep! It's called Kaenchu if anyone wants to see it... It looks really cool that'd be an awesome Pikachu evolution

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1203 | Offers: 242 | Wishlist Items: 196 | Wishlist Offers: 32 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by papayaperson View Post
    Yep! It's called Kaenchu if anyone wants to see it... It looks really cool that'd be an awesome Pikachu evolution
    Can you link me to it?

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Can you link me to it?
    http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/01/how...olled-twitter/

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1203 | Offers: 242 | Wishlist Items: 196 | Wishlist Offers: 32 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Thank you and that would be an epic Pikachu evolution

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 7 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 13 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I hope they don't release a Pokemon Z... that would be awful. I've never liked 3rd releases (Crystal, Emerald, Platinum). Those always had everything better, leaving almost useless both previous versions. X & Y are enough for me.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    That looks so cool kinda like Darkrai. I would love that Duel type also!!!
    "over the laws of light, over the moon by midnight"

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 16 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by feazko View Post
    That looks so cool kinda like Darkrai. I would love that Duel type also!!!
    That would be an amazing evolution i hope it really comes out and in 3d 2 that would be epic!
    "I will find you, Sasuke!"

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by DsWarriorgx View Post
    That would be an amazing evolution i hope it really comes out and in 3d 2 that would be epic!
    Well it was a hoax but something along that line would be cool!!!
    "over the laws of light, over the moon by midnight"

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 49 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I have been reading a wild theory about Yvetal representing blood and muscle and Xerneus representing a Neuron (nerve cell) at first I thought this as a wild theory but if you look at the japanesse trailer logo you can clearly see a double helix now look at Xerneus and then at a neuron looks similer don't they make you think
    Team Popplio ��
    it's cute OK stop being mean

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I have been reading a wild theory about Yvetal representing blood and muscle and Xerneus representing a Neuron (nerve cell) at first I thought this as a wild theory but if you look at the japanesse trailer logo you can clearly see a double helix now look at Xerneus and then at a neuron looks similer don't they make you think
    Well of course they are both connected to a myth or animal of some sort, but that does make sense I see what you're saying.

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    There are mainly three big speculations considering the namesake of X and Y. Everyone's noted the obvious mathematical schematic. X axis and Y axis, Xerneas being the running or lateral and Yveltal being the rising or vertical. The biological aspect, as you mentioned, could extend further backward from blastulaic germ layers; namely the sex chromosomes.

As for the other fan-theory, which I find much more plausible, is more of a mythical basis. Since we can safely assume Gen VI region to be based on France (and Europe by extension), Xerneas and Yveltal bear similarity to creatures of Norse and Celtic mythos. In the image linked below, you can see the three levels of Yggdrasil. Up top is the Wyvern, notably, Yveltal. Xerneas is represented as a culmination of the four stags of the middle realm (Note the four colours on Xerneas' antlers). Which lends itself to the third creature, a serpent, which very much could be the basis of a possible Pokemon Z title.

http://www.kimikogaming.net/wp-conte...y1tco1_500.jpg
    Last edited by Exflar; 01-21-2013 at 06:51 AM.

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniv View Post
    I think we will have eevee evoltions of ghost (Trade eevee while holding a Reper Cloth) and steel (Trade eevee holding a Metal Coat)
    they're not gonna evolve eevee with methods that have been around in previous gens :/... if they do (which I hope they dont...) they'll evolve eevee with a new method obviously

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Exflar View Post
    There are mainly three big speculations considering the namesake of X and Y. Everyone's noted the obvious mathematical schematic. X axis and Y axis, Xerneas being the running or lateral and Yveltal being the rising or vertical. The biological aspect, as you mentioned, could extend further backward from blastulaic germ layers; namely the sex chromosomes.

As for the other fan-theory, which I find much more plausible, is more of a mythical basis. Since we can safely assume Gen VI region to be based on France (and Europe by extension), Xerneas and Yveltal bear similarity to creatures of Norse and Celtic mythos. In the image linked below, you can see the three levels of Yggdrasil. Up top is the Wyvern, notably, Yveltal. Xerneas is represented as a culmination of the four stags of the middle realm (Note the four colours on Xerneas' antlers). Which lends itself to the third creature, a serpent, which very much could be the basis of a possible Pokemon Z title.

http://www.kimikogaming.net/wp-conte...y1tco1_500.jpg
    You know... That makes more sense than any of the other theories I've heard...

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.